SudoCheck Sudomotor Testing
SudoCheck Sudomotor has been created to enable a precise evaluation of sweat gland function. It is based on a measuring method, whereas patients place their hands and feet on stainless-steel electrodes and are exposed to an incremental low direct voltage - lower than 4 V - that is released in intervals of two minutes. What is being tested is the electrochemical reaction between electrodes and chloride of the, through low voltage stimulated sweat glands. This active, new method provides information and evidence of a sweat dysfunction that might otherwise not be detectable in physiological conditions. Bioelectrical Conductances (BEC, in microsiemens, uS) for the hands and feet, express the quantitative results, while a risk score is derived from demographic data and the BEC values.
QSART is used to diagnose the following:
- Painful, small fiber neuropathy when nerve conduction test results are normal
- Disturbances of the autonomic nervous system, which controls the sweat glands, heart, digestive system, other organs, and blood pressure
- Complex pain disorders
- Diabetic neuropathies
- Enzyme disorders
- RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome)
- Pharmaceutical agents
- Cosmetics/Consumer goods testing
- Dermatological studies
- Multiple System Atrophy (Shy‐Drager syndrome)
Features and Benefits
- Quantitative Sudomotor Axon Reflex Test (QSART):
- A test to evaluate the integrity of the postganglionic sudomotor system along the axon reflex to define the distribution of sweat loss.
- Sympathetic Skin Response (SSR)
- Measures change of the electrical potential of the skin. The recorded skin potential comes from the activated eccrine sweat gland.
- Sudomotor Electrochemical Sweat Conductance Threshold
- The test, equivalent to a galvanic skin response stress test, measures the sweat glands' capacity to release chloride ions in response to an electrochemical activation.
- Bioelectric Impedance Analysis (BIA)
- The purpose of BIA is the estimation of body composition and water balance but it is also used in cardiology and imaging.
- Body Composition Analyzer:
- Measures Patients body compositions.
- Electro Interstitial Scan (EIS)
- Electrical Dispersion Analysis (EDA)
- Easy-to-use intuitive colorful graphical user interface
- Backed by 30 years of documented medical studies
- Easy software installation and automatic hardware detection
- Supported Languages: English, Spanish, Italian, German, Chinese, Japanese, French
- 1-Year Warranty